In an industry full of fly by night companies here’s a guide to help you stay in business.
- Make sure your sales are as strong as possible. Call the top dogs to see how they pitch. Use successful sales scripts.
- Purchase at least (500-1,000) leads to properly gauge performance.
- Bear in mind that most deals often close weeks later.
- Take as many leads as you can handle. The more you process the more money you’ll make.
- The industry runs 24/7, and so should you. Statistics show the best leads come thru in the evenings and on weekends. It’s simple… there’s less brokers competing for them during those hours.
How to fail
Companies exhibiting the following shady practices often are forced to close their doors within 3 months.
- Burn customers. In no time you’ll rack up bad reviews which will surely hurt your business. A Google search of your company’s name with results full of bad reviews is a tell-tale sign you’re going out of business if you haven’t already. Lose your Merchant Account and you’re done!
- Burn truckers. Great way to earn bad ratings on Central, or worse, earn a claim against your bond. Lose your bond, and you’ll get kicked off of Central.
- Burn lead providers. There’s only a handful of lead providers, and word spreads quickly. You’ll be breathing through a straw when no one will sell leads to you. Game over.
- Purchase 250 leads or less, then complain about the quality right away without giving reasonable time for deals to close. Amateur short term thinking right there. You’ll get squashed like the cockroach you are by the competition.
- Use CRM’s other than jTracker. jTracker’s expensive but the numbers don’t lie. Statistics show that brokers who use other CRMs or custom CRMs don’t last very long.
What to Look Out For
- Any company that badmouths another company. This is a huge red flag.
- Beware of lead providers that secretly own and operate brokerages, and resell you their used leads.